Registration, Refreshments & Networking
Chair’s Welcome Address
Morning Keynote Address
Headline Sponsors Address
The Road Investment Strategy: Vision, Investment & Performance – Panel Discussion
- What is the long-term vision for England’s Strategic Road Network and how can we reach it?
- What challenges do we face in securing stable, long-term funding for England’s roads?
- Looking beyond construction: How can we best use £4bn of funds by 2020-21 on renewal and repair of the Strategic Road Network
- How can we ensure Highways England deliver its projects on time?
- Increasing new capacity at key points on the network
Morning Refreshments & Exhibition Break
- How can we secure a better experience for those who use England’s roads?
Lunch, Refreshments & Networking
- Take advantage of the opportunity to expand your contact base by meeting counterparts from across the sector and visiting the exhibition
Chair’s Afternoon Remarks
Investing In England’s Local Highway Network
- How will the £6bn set aside for Local Highway Maintenance be allocated?
- Successfully boosting the condition of our roads and other assets
- How can we ensure the smooth transit between the Strategic Road Network Infrastructure and Local Highways and transportation?
Panel Discussion: Driving On Tomorrow’s Road, Today: New Technologies & Automated Vehicles
- Developing and designing a smart road infrastructure to support both human and automated controlled vehicles
- Encouraging innovations in the UK to exploit the benefits of vehicle and roadside technology
Afternoon Refreshments & Exhibition Break
Securing & Boosting All Road User’s Safety
- How can we continue to maintain and develop safer roads for all its users across England?
The Cycling and Walking Investment Strategy
- Making cycling and walking the natural choices for shorter journeys, or part of a longer journey
- How can we improve the safety on rural roads for walkers and cyclists?
Panel Discussion: Reaching A Smoother, Smarter & Sustainable Road Infrastructure
- Successfully delivering smarter roads, smarter investment and smarter pavement design solutions
- Should we look at new models of funding for tomorrow’s road based on usage?
- Using a current technologies-driven approach to tackle the most congested parts of our network by increasing capacity; making journeys more reliable by controlling the flow and speed of traffic
- What lies further on up the road for England’s roads?
Chair's Closing Remarks
Close of Summit